This garlic packed dressing is not approved for date night, but is sure to keep the vampires away! Homemade Vinaigrette Caesar Salad Dressing is sure to be a staple in your home once you realize how easy, delicious and affordable it is to make!
Oh, how I love Spring! I love the fresh abundance of cheap produce, the new-found energy to host social gatherings and being able to wear shoes that are not rated for -40 degree weather. Can’t forget about the birds, bunnies and tulips!
I also enjoy eating lighter meals at this time of year. I feel less compelled to spend long amounts of time in the kitchen after work as there are so many things to do and enjoy. Why spend an hour stirring a hot pot of soup when you can go outdoors and listen to the birds? When I am feeling particularly energized to explore outside I quickly chop-up fresh veggies and grill a chicken breast or hard-boil eggs and serve as a light, yet energizing, entrée salad. But a salad is only as good as it’s dressing! Treat your wallet and taste buds to a quick and easy Homemade Vinaigrette Caesar Salad Dressing.
Passed-on to me by a family friend (and tweaked and perfected over the years), this Vinaigrette ode to Caesar salad dressing packs a garlic punch but is complimented by a lemon-y and light flavor. If you’ve ever been to a dinner party at my house, you know the one!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, chop garlic cloves. Add mustard, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, egg yolk and parsley. Pulse until well combined.
- Set aside for at least a half hour to allow flavours to come together.
- Right before serving, add canola oil and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Generously pour over mixture of salad greens, tomatoes and green onions (or your salad fixings of choice!)
- Store in an air-tight container and use within two days. Alternatively, marinate chicken breasts or thighs in fridge with leftover dressing for a great BBQ dish!
Looking for the old photo? Yea, it was about time this Budget Basic Homemade Vinaigrette Caesar Salad Dressing got a face lift! Updated July 2017