Simple Rice Pilaf
This simple rice pilaf is a flavourful yet easy dish to throw together for your next BBQ or weeknight meal. Turn humble ingredients into a satisfying and fresh side that compliments grilled fish, chicken or pork. Don't over-complicate things! Keep it simple, friends!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup Yellow Onion diced small
- 1/4 cup Carrot peeled and diced small
- 1 cup Rice Not instant!
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/8 cup Fresh Parsley loosely packed, roughly chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper
Heat Canola oil over medium heat in medium size saucepan. Add onions and carrots. Add salt and stir to ensure vegetables are fully covered in oil. Allow vegetable to sweat. Cook for roughly 5 minutes, until soft.
Add rice and garlic, stir and cook for an additional minute. Add chicken broth, frozen corn, parsley and bay leaf. Increase heat to high. Once mixture is boiling, reduce heat and cover.
Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Remove bay leaf and add a dash of salt and pepper. Fluff rice before serving. Sprinkle with extra parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
- Canned corn can be used instead of frozen corn, simple drain!
- If you do not have fresh parsley on-hand, sub for 1 tablespoon of dried parsley.
- Depending on what you are serving the Simple Rice Pilaf with, spritz the finished dish with fresh lemon to brighten the rice!