Game Day Taco Dip
No matter what team you are cheering for, you'll want this Taco Dip for Game Day! Made from a delicious taco spice blend, cream cheese and sour cream this is an indulgent appetizer perfect for a crowd!
Taco Spice Mixture
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or more, if additional heat is desired
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 block cream cheese softened
- 1 container (500ml) 14% sour cream
Optional Toppings (as pictured)
- 1/2 cup iceburg lettuce shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapenos finely diced with seeds removed
- 1/3 cup roma tomaotes finely diced
Mix spice ingredients together in small bowl. Set aside.
In medium size mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream with hand beater on medium-high, until no clumps remain.
Add spices to cream cheese mixture and beat until just combined.
Spread mixture into a 9x9 or 9x13 pan, depending on desired thickness of dip. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Once guests arrive, remove cover and top with lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos and green onions. Serve with chips. Leftovers do not keep well, so encourage your guests to finish the dip before the night is through!