A time saver dish that cuts down on effort, cost and dirty dishes! One Pot Spinach + Tomato Linguine is a dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. This flavourful and easy meal is ideal for the midweek rush and looks way fancier than it is!
In a time crunch? Yea, me too. It’s been a busy few weeks at work! I am knee-deep into recruiting for our January Co-op roles across the Canadian Prairies and running around to events for the blog as well as getting my new place ship-shape. Add into the mix the fantastic hiking weather, I have been one busy girl.
So busy that I haven’t had time to come-up with a brand new recipe this week. What I did, however, is a bit better! I have re-jigged and improved a Peppers & Pennies classic. Admittingly, the original recipe gets zero love. But I reckon it has to do with the lacklustre photo and the fact that it was one of the first recipes publish on the blog! I won’t even start on the name… Hence it’s rebirth as One Pot Spinach + Tomato Linguine! Oh the things I have learned about food blogging over the years!
This one pot meal is truly a timesaving wonder. It is full of flavour, and as most pasta dishes are, pretty darn filling. But that’s not it’s crowning achievement! This dish cuts down on dirty dishes and is crazy cheap. Sure, it calls for a bit of wine but that can be subbed for equal amounts of water and a tablespoon of tomato paste (if you don’t have any half drunk bottles of wine laying around, that is).
You literally throw it all in a pot. You don’t have to do it as prettily as I did either, as you will stir it up into one large mass once it starts to heat up. Cook it for a while, throw in some spinach and top it off with a healthy sprinkling of good ‘ol cheese. Helllllooooo lazy Wednesday meal!
This One Pot Spinach + Tomato Linguine is best served fresh, as it can be hard to reheat the pasta for lunches the next day. If you love these flavours and want something a bit more transportable for lunches that is just as easy, I suggest you check-out my Zippy Tomato + Tortellini Soup. It’s also a winner, if I do say so myself!
One Pot Spinach + Tomato Linguine
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 package linguine noodles (454 grams)
- 1 white onion (thinly sliced)
- 4-5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 4 cups vegetable both
- 1 can small cut tomaotes (540 ml can)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups spinach (roughly chopped)
- parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Combine all ingredients (except for the spinach) in a large pot and heat on high to bring to a boil. As pasta is heating-up, mix to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Once a rapid boil is reached and mixture is fully combined, cover and reduce to a simmer for 12-15 minutes, Mixing now and then to reduce sticking. Noodles should be al dente and majority of the liquid reduced.
- Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a generous amount of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Did you make One Pot Spinach + Tomato Linguine at home?
If so, take a picture and tag it with #PeppersAndPennies! I love seeing your creations and will gladly share your photo!