This is truly one of my faourite lazy day go-tos. After work I am tired and hungry. I want something filling and warm and I want it NOW. Enter my creation; the One Pot Noodle Thing-y.
This dish is simple and fun. It is lovely to see all the colours come together and quickly turn into a dish that has depth and warmth (in both senses of the words). Beyond that, it is an extremely versatile pasta dish. If you prefer more spice, add more spice! Don’t have spinach? Use kale (but add about 10 minutes in instead of 20) ! No linguine noodles? Use whichever kind was on sale on Sunday. Carnivore? Sub vegetable stock for chicken stock and serve with a baked chicken breast. No wine in the house? Well, I don’t envy you…
Plus, this dish is one that keeps on giving. You will be thrilled after dinner when you realize that you didn’t destroy the entire kitchen preparing dinner!
One Pot Noodle Thing-y
- 1 Bag of Linguine noodles (16oz)
- 1 while onion, thinly sliced (julienned)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes in their juices
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients (except for the spinach) in a large pot, cover and bring to a boil. Enjoy the colours, too!
- Reduce and let simmer for roughly 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes until most of the liquid is reduced and noodle are al dente.
- Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted, being careful not to overcook.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 2 minutes with lid.
- Serve with ample amounts of freshly grated parmesan.