Jump to recipe
Some days you just want an easy meal. A search-the-fridge-and-freezer-and-cook-whatever-you-can-find kind of meal. So on the days you reach for the frozen chicken fingers (we all do it!), maybe spice up the meal with the best oven fries your money can give you.
These wedges do take a bit of prep but the crispy outside and soft and warm insides will be worth all the effort, I swear! The trick it to boil ’em for a minute or so before you toss with the toppings. Trust me on this and do not skip this step or your wedges will take much too long in the oven, and who has time for waiting?
- 6 medium potatoes, scrubbed clean and peeled
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 1.5 tablespoons of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (can omit)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes in long and thick wedge-like strips.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a rapid boil, add potatoes strips.
- Boil for 2 minutes, remove from hot water and toss with olive oil and seasoning salt, thyme and cayenne pepper.
- Place wedges on a thick cookie sheet that has been prepped with Pam.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing often until golden brown and crispy.